Payments and charges
Newcastle International School will issue an Acceptance Letter confirming details of your course and accommodation. The place is guaranteed once we have received the full payment or at least 75% of the course fees.
All fees are payable in Pounds Sterling (GBP) and payments can be made as it follows:
- By bank transfer directly to our account. Please note that all money transferred to Newcastle International School include all bank transfer charges in your own country and the UK. We do not pay bank charges. If there are any charges made to Newcastle International School during the transfer process, this will be charged to the individual upon arrival at the school.
- By most major credit or debit cards, either in person at the school or by telephone prior to arrival.
- By cash in person at the school.
- By cheque made out to Newcastle International Academy Limited.
Important: We do not accept payments through Western Union or Money Gram. We can send letters by special delivery service (DHL) at extra cost.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellation Policy – before course start date
Written notice must be given at least four weeks in advance for booking cancellations. The administration fee of GBP 60.00 is non-refundable under any circumstances.
If a student cancels a booking with more than 2 weeks’ notice, the School will give the student a credit note equal to the paid tuition fees only to be used within twelve months. In all cases, the credit can’t be transferred to any one else except the related person. One-week accommodation fees will be deducted as well.
If a student cancels a booking with less than 2 weeks’ notice, the School will give the student a credit note of 50% of the paid fees to be used within twelve months. One-week accommodation fees will be deducted as well.
If a student cancels a booking 72 hrs notice or less and before the starting date, tuition fees are not refundable. One-week accommodation fees will be deducted as well.
Cancellation Policy – after start date
Tuition fees for early departures, absences, misconduct or illness once the course has started are not refundable.
Accommodation is non-refundable.
- All accommodation payments must be made through the school.
- Accommodation bookings will be confirmed only when full payment is received.
- For bookings from 4 weeks where accommodation is required, accommodation can be paid fortnightly but always 1 week upfront.
- Accommodation is arranged for students only while they are studying at the school.
- If the student has to leave school early for any reason, they will be asked to leave their accommodation without any compensation for any payments.
- Students must always give at least 1 week notice if they want to leave their homestay accommodation. If the student gives notice with less than 1 week, a cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week of accommodation fee will be charged.
- NIS reserves the right to change the accommodation details without prior notice due to circumstances beyond its control.
- Accommodation will remain subject to change and availability. Early booking is advisable.
- If accommodation is booked for part of the stay and the student decides to extend the accommodation, we cannot guarantee that there will be accommodation available, especially during busy periods. The student might not be able to stay in the same accommodation.
- Any student who behaves in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave their accommodation without any compensation. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to find alternative accommodation.
- If the students book their own accommodation they must give the accommodation address and a contact telephone number to the School before they come
- If the student is in private accommodation and would like to move to NISE accommodation, we require 2 week notice to find a suitable accommodation.
- Homestay accommodation is normally booked from Saturday to Saturday or from Sunday to Sunday. If the student wishes to arrive or depart on a different day, extra nights must be paid.
- The arrival time to the accommodation must be between 7:00 and 23:00.
- If the homestay accommodation involves extra nights, the student will be charged a daily rate.
- British people are from various ethnic backgrounds but English is always the main language spoken in the homestay accommodation.
Insurance and liability
Students and their possessions are not insured by Newcastle International School. We will not be held responsible or accept liability whatsoever for any accidents, loss or damage to their belongings however they are caused or sustained during the course.
It is advisable that all students take out their own personal travelling insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
Data protection policy:
Newcastle International School will always practice to comply with the relevant legislation in regards for keeping all employers, student information and other personal information in compliance with Data protection Act 1998.
NIS will keep your information in electronic and paper format.
Some of the personal information supplied will be passed on to accommodation providers or the airport meeting service.
Under UK law, we must give information to the UK Home Office if required to do so.
In order to fulfil our obligations to the student, and, in some cases, to the British authorities, it is necessary for us to see and copy the student’s passport (and visa if applicable), to have contact details for the student in Newcastle or the UK, and to have details of a contact person. The student must therefore agree to provide these details and inform the school of any changes.
Students and/or parents are reminded of the need to disclose medical information about the student to the school when the application is made and to enquire prior to enrolling whether the school and accommodation facilities are suitable for the individual’s needs.
About the school
The school opens from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 17:00.
The school will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
The school will be closed one week during Easter holidays and 10 days during Christmas holidays. During these periods there will be no courses. We won’t accept any booking for courses starting during these periods.
The school will be closed during Public and Bank holidays. There is no reduction in course fees for courses which include Public and Bank Holidays.