Payments and charges
A place in NISE is guaranteed once we have received the full payment or at least 75% of the course fees. Accommodation must be paid in full. Upon receipt of the payment, NISE will issue an Acceptance Letter confirming details of your course and accommodation, this will be an official confirmation of your booking acceptance.
All fees are payable in Pounds Sterling (GBP) and payments can be made using one of the following options:
- By bank transfer directly to our account. Please note that all money transferred to Newcastle International School of English include all bank transfer charges in your own country and the UK. We do not pay bank charges. If there are any charges made to Newcastle International School of English during the transfer process, this will be charged to the individual upon arrival at the school.
- By most major credit or debit cards, either in person at the school or by telephone prior to arrival. Please note that an additional charge of 10% will occur when you pay over the phone and/or using a credit card.
- By cash in person at the school.
- By cheque made out to International Education Limited.
Important: We do not accept payments through Western Union or Money Gram.
We can send letters by secial delivery service (DHL) at extra cost.
Cancellations and Refunds
Writen notice must be given if the student wishes to cancel the booking.
The administration fee of £60.00 is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Cancellation policy before course start date:
- If a student cancels a booking 4 weeks or longer before their course start date, NISE will fully refund the course fee with only £60.00 admin fee deduction.
- If a student cancels a booking with less than 4 weeks notice, the School will give the student a credit note equal to the paid fees.
- If a student cancels a booking with less than 2 weeks notice, the School will give the student a credit note of 50% of the paid fees.
- The credit will remain valid for courses taking place within 12 months after the date of issue of the credit note. The credit note is not transferable to any other person.
Accommodation is non refundable.
Cancelation due to Student Visitor Visa refusal:
- the student will need to provide documentary evidence from the relevant embassy before any refund can be considered
- the student must return the letter of enrolment
- Once we have received a copy of the visa refusal letter, plus our original letter of enrolment, at least 7 days prior to the start date we will refund the already paid fees except the administration fee.
- If NISE receives the original form given by the embassy less than 7 days before the start date, a cancellation charge equivalent to 1 week course fees and accommodation will be deducted from the refund.
- If the student has booked and paid through an agent, the refund will be made to the agent.
Cancellation policy after start date:
- Tuition fees for early departures, absences, misconduct or illness once the course has started are not refundable.
- Fees are non-transferable. This means that the fees cannot be transferred to another person.
- It is advisable that all students take out their own personal insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
Cancellation by the School:
Sometimes it is agreed between the School and a student that it would be beneficial for the student to be moved to another course. When this happens we will offer only a course of at least equivalent cost.
The School reserves the right to cancel a course, or make changes to course arrangements, without liability, if forced to do so for reasons beyond its control. If this happened, the School would seek to offer alternative agreements or dates.
If the School cancelled a course booked and paid for by a student in accordance with these terms other than for reasons beyond its control, and did not offer an alternative acceptable to the student, the School would pay compensation as follows:
- When the cancellation is before the start of the course, compensation equal to the fees paid by the student or
- Where the cancellation is after the start of the course, a credit note equal to the paid fees.
- All accommodation payments must be made through the school.
- Accommodation bookings will be confirmed only when full payment is received.
- For bookings from 4 weeks where accommodation is required, accommodation can be paid forthnightly but always 1 week upfront.
- Accommodation is arranged for students only while they are studying at the school.
- If the student has to leave school early for any reason, they will be asked to leave their accommodation.
- Students must always give at least 1 week notice if they want to leave their homestay accommodation. If the student gives notice with less than 1 week, a cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week of accommodation fee will be charged.
- NISE reserves the right to change the accommodation details without prior notice due to circumstances beyond its control.
- Accommodation will remain subject to change and availability. Early booking is advisable.
- If accommodation is booked for part of the stay and the student decides to extend the accommodation, we cannot guarantee that there will be accommodation available, especially during busy periods. The student might not be able to stay in the same accommodation.
- Any student who behaves in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave their accommodation. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to find alternative accommodation.
- If the students book their own accommodation they must give the accommodation address and a contact telephone number to the School before they come
- If the student is in private accommodation and would like to move to NISE accommodation, we require 2 week notice to find a suitable accommodation.
- Homestay accommodation is normally booked from Saturday to Saturday or from Sunday to Sunday. If the student wishes to arrive or depart on a different day, extra nights must be paid.
- The arrival time to the accommodation must be between 7:00 and 23:00.
- If the homestay accommodation involves extra nights, the student will be charged a daily rate.
- British people are from various ethnical backgrounds but English is always the main language spoken in the homestay accommodation.
If you require a visa, we can provide you with a letter to apply for a Student Visitor Visa or an Extended Student Visitor Visa.
NISE will only issue a visa letter once we have received:
- Full payment of the fees for private students or a copy of the financial guarantee for sponsored students.
- Passport copy
- Application form
NISE will accept students with other types of visa in accordance with Home Office regulations for courses of a maximum length.
Insurance and liability
Students and their possessions are not insured by Newcastle International School of English. We will not be held responsible or accept liability whatsoever for any accidents, loss, or damage to their belongings however they are caused or sustained during the course.
A personal or travelling insurance cover is strongly recommended.
Data protection policy:
Newcastle International School of English will always practice to comply with the relevant legislation in regards for keeping all employers, student information and other personal information in compliance with Data protection Act 1998.
NISE will keep your information in electronic and paper format.
Some of the personal information supplied will be passed on to accommodation providers or the airport meeting service.
Under UK law, we must give information to the UK Home Office if required to do so.
In order to fulfil our obligations to the student, and, in some cases, to the British authorities, it is necessary for us to see and copy the student’s passport (and visa if applicable), to have contact details for the student in Newcastle or the UK, and to have details of a contact person. The student must therefore agree to provide these details and inform the school of any changes.
Students and/or parents are reminded of the need to disclose medical information about the student to the school when the application is made and to enquire prior to enrolling whether the school and accommodation facilities are suitable for the individual’s needs.
About the school
The school opens from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 17:00.
The school will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
The school will be closed one week during Easter holidays and 10 days during Christmas holidays. During these periods there will be no courses. We won’t accept any booking for courses starting during these periods.
The school will be closed during Public and Bank holidays. There is no reduction in course fees for courses which include Public and Bank Holidays.